Australasian Society of
Career Medical Officers
"Hospitalists" .. another Role for CMOs/SMOs
Whats New ?
Jobs for CMOs
The "Hospitalist" is a new type of specialist that has appeared
in overseas hospitals in America and Europe
The "Hospitalist" is a new type of specialist that has appeared in overseas hospitals in America and Europe
Ken Hillman (MJA 1999; 170: 325-328)
1. The original Australian article discussing which medical group was best suited to fill the role of "hospitalists" was published in the 5th April 1999 issue of the Medical Journal of Australia (MJA)
2. The MJA also had an editorial comment about this article titled:
3. An earlier American Article called:
4. There has been subsequent comment from the physicians in the 20 Sept '99 issue of MJA, suggesting that: "General Physicians are better qualified than Intensive Care and Emergency Physicians to take on the role of 'Hospitalist' "
5. The following letter was written to the MJA
supporting Ward CMOs as hospitalists
in non-teaching hospitals.
6. Interested CMOs are encouraged to make their own comments
Other Links for "HOSPITALISTS"
National Association of Inpatient Physicians (NAIP)
This page is designed for the sole use of medical practitioners
The information contained within has been provided in good faith.
However, it may contain opinions and errors in fact. Therefore all information is not to be relied upon by any party.
It is presented to stimulate debate amongst the medical profession only
page maintained by David Brock for ASCMO